Sunday, September 11, 2005

Exciting Times…

Besides having to spend a lot of time in J2EE / XSL projects lately… I’ve been coding away on an open source .NET project (during my late nights) for the past few days just to make sure I don’t miss out the Exiting Beta 2 Learning Times of the .NET world!

Beta 2 has been a Dream come true for me all the way! In fact the entire .NET world seems to be maturing so VERY fast! A couple of days ago I went hunting for OR (object Relational) frameworks in .NET and to my surprise I found over 10 of them to choose from! I settled for nHibernate (I understand Microsoft is developing ObjectSpaces whose’ release has been delayed till Long Horn release).

As I coded away I faced a few problems e.g. converting nHibernate classical lists to Generics. Again to my surprise I found quite a few articles in news groups where people had already tired similar things and had ideas on how to achieve this. I posted my questions and by the next day I had an answer from a MVP in my inbox! The guy is now helping me review my code and hopefully will come up with few more suggestions and enhancements.

What really excites me is not just features in Visual Studio 2005 (yes, Generics, Auto Generations of class diagrams and their auto update features, Refactoring, Code Snippets, Templates are AMAZING features) but what is really exiting about this times is the people who are getting involved in the Microsoft World!

There are TONS of REALLY SMART guys writting open source frameworks like nHibernate... There are authors who reply to you! MVPs who go out of their way to answer your questions and articles out there that teach you everything without a dime! These are REALLY exciting times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home